This powerpoint will help you to teach phonics for consonant sounds through the use of interactive phonics activities. This r sound phonics lesson powerpoint will help to show you how to teach phonics step by step for the r phoneme.
Over 300 slides are included with a range of phonics activities with r sound words and sentences including words with r words. It will help to support your consonant phoneme lessons and is designed to include include everything you need to explicitly teach the r phoneme with Year 1, 2 or 3 students.
This PowerPoint is also included in a bundle with other consonant phonemes.
Each Powerpoint contains a learning progression that includes:
- Introduction to metalanguage (including phoneme, grapheme, digraph, split digraph, trigraph, quadgraph, long vowel, short vowel)
- Interactive activities (spin a sound, thumbs up/thumbs down, which spelling looks correct?)
- Word blending using all the main spelling options for the /r/ phoneme
- Find the pattern- discover when to use different /r/ graphemes
- Sight word focus
- Decodable sentences (using the target phoneme and sight words)
- Find the missing sound- select the correct grapheme choice
- Phoneme Boxes- segmenting words into each sound
- Trash or Treasure- real and nonsense decodable words
- Sentence Doctor- edit the sentences to fix the spelling mistakes
These slideshows can be inserted into any synthetic phonics program. You can cut/paste slides to suit your lesson needs. Each slideshow is designed to be used over a few weeks to introduce, teach and reinforce each set of sounds. Students use whiteboards to record sounds, words and sentences and more.