Do you need help with how to teach phonics for long vowel sounds? This vowel team phonics lesson powerpoint will help to show you how to teach phonics step by step for the long vowel O sound.
Over 500 slides are included with a range of phonics activities with long vowel O words and sentences including words with long vowel oa. It contains everything that you need for teaching this vowel team.
This PowerPoint is also in a bundle with the other long vowel phonemes- it is in the process of being updated to match this new format.
Each Powerpoint contains a learning progression that includes:
- Introduction to metalanguage(including phoneme, grapheme, digraph, split digraph, trigraph, quadgraph, long vowel, short vowel)
- Interactive activities(spin a sound, thumbs up/thumbs down, which spelling looks correct?)
-Word blendingusing all the main spelling options for the long /oa/ vowel sound
- Sight word focus
- Decodable sentences(using the target phoneme and sight words)
- Find the missing sound- select the correct grapheme choice
- Phoneme Boxes- segmenting words into each sound
- Trash or Treasure- real and nonsense decodable words
- Sentence Doctor- edit the sentences to fix the spelling mistakes
You can cut/paste slides to suit your lesson needs. Each slideshow is designed to be used over a few weeks to introduce, teach and reinforce each set of sounds. Students use whiteboards to record sounds, words and sentences.
There is a hyperlinked Contents Slide which helps you to easily navigate to each section. Each slide also contains a Home button to returnyouto the Contents.